Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo
For the relief of dry scaly scalp conditions such as dandruff, psoriasis and cradle cap.
Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo is a treatment for dry, scaly scalp conditions such as:
- Seborrhoeic eczema / seborrheic dermatitis (patches of red, scaly, itchy skin).
- Pityriasis capitis (severe dandruff).
- Cradle cap (thick, yellowish, scaly scalp rash in babies and infants), and psoriasis (areas of raised, red, sometimes itchy, patches of skin, covered with silvery scales, without any blistering or tenderness).
- Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo can also be used to remove other medicines applied to the scalp.
- Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo is for use by adults, the elderly, children, infants and babies.
This product contains three active ingredients:
- Salicylic acid to remove scaly, flaky skin.
- Coconut oil to soften, moisturise and lubricate the scalp
- Distilled coal tar to stop itching and restore normal skin development.
- Adults, the elderly, children, infants and babies.
How to use:
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse has told you. Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure. Use Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo only to treat the scalp conditions that it is intended for.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Adults, the elderly, children, infants and babies:
- Capasal can be used once or twice a week until your condition improves. Thereafter, occasional use may be necessary. Use as a shampoo until the scalp looks and feels better or as recommended by your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
Application of Shampoo:
- wet the hair thoroughly.
- apply a small amount of shampoo to the scalp (approximately a quantity the size of a two Euro piece for short hair, adjusting up depending on length/thickness of hair).
- with the tips of the fingers, massage in thoroughly.
- leave on for a few minutes.
- remove as much lather as possible with the hands (this is important as it will take the scales with it).
- rinse out.
- if necessary, repeat the steps above.
- rinse out well under running water, then dry the hair as normal.
Warning - Do not exceed stated dose
Hazards and Cautions:
- consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, complementary therapies or if you have a medical condition. This medicine may not be suitable for you if you have a medical condition or taking any medications such as those listed in the Patient Information Leaflet. Please refer to the Patient Information Leaflet for further warnings, precautions, side effects and instructions for use for this product.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if symptoms persist or get worse at any stage.
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies.
- always replace the cap tightly after use. Keep the bottle in the outer carton. Keep away from direct sunlight. Do not store the product above 25°C. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
Salicylic acid (0.5% w/w), coconut oil (1.0% w/w) and distilled coal tar (1.0% w/w).
Lauric acid diethanolamide, coco amido propyl dimethyl betaine solution, triethanolamine lauryl sulfate solution, ammonium sulfate, phenoxyethanol and water.